A TVB traffic ticket is a ticket for non-criminal moving violations issued in the five boroughs of New York City.
If you have a TVB ticket you can:
- Plead ‘Guilty’ to the ticket and immediately pay the fines, fees, and surcharges that result from a plea of guilty.
- Plead ‘Not Guilty’ to the ticket and schedule a TVB hearing in the jurisdiction where the ticket was issued.
- Pay the fines, fees, and surcharges that resulted from an earlier traffic ticket conviction.
- Change an earlier ‘Not Guilty’ plea to a ‘Guilty’ plea and immediately pay all the fines, fees and surcharges that result from a plea of guilty.
- Reschedule a ‘Not Guilty’ hearing (one time).
- Take 'No Action' on a ticket.
- Request to be notified when your traffic ticket has been entered into our system.
You can pay a TVB ticket online, by mail or at a TVB office.
To respond to your TVB ticket you will need
- Your traffic ticket number. If you do not have your traffic ticket number, please provide all other information requested. We may be able to locate the ticket record.
- Your DMV ID number or your full name, date of birth and gender as they appear on the traffic ticket.
Using the DMV's online transaction is the easiest, quickest way to pay your ticket or schedule a hearing.
To use the online service, your traffic ticket must
- Already be in our system;
- Display the words 'Traffic Violations Bureau' at the bottom; and
- Be an 'open' ticket. An 'open' ticket is a ticket that has not been answered or a ticket that has been answered but not fully paid.
You cannot use the online service to:
- Plead 'Guilty' if the conviction will result in the suspension or revocation of your driver license. You must appear at a TVB office.
- Plead 'Not Guilty' online if your driver license or driving privilege is suspended for failure to answer the ticket.
- Reschedule a 'Not Guilty' hearing after rescheduling once before.
If your situation falls under any of these restrictions, you will need to plead, pay or schedule a hearing for your ticket at a TVB location.
To use the DMV's online transaction:
- Go to DMV's plead or pay application
- Enter your DMV ID Number OR last name, middle initial, first name and information to verify your identity
- Keep the confirmation email for your records
Contact the TVB for traffic violations only. Other DMV services are not available at TVB locations or by contacting the TVB by phone. Contact the TVB via phone between 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday (except holidays).
- New York City Metropolitan Area: 1-718-488-5710
- Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 1-800-368-1186