New York State offers exciting opportunities to hunt a diverse array of wildlife, including big game, small game, game birds, waterfowl and furbearers at various times throughout the year. Buy your license now to start your hunting adventure.
Who needs a hunting license?
- Anyone 12 years and older (parental or guardian consent needed if under 16 years old)
Who doesn’t need a hunting license?
- A resident landowner primarily engaged in farming (including lessees and members of their immediate families) when hunting small game on farm lands they occupy or cultivate.
- A Native American living and hunting small game on reservation land.
- Hunting on a licensed shooting preserve or big game shooting facility.
What does the license provide?
- The right to pursue and harvest wild game during the regulated hunting seasons.
How to buy a hunting license online:
- Read information on license
- Sign in or register
- Complete the form
- Get a confirmation
- Wait 14-business days to receive license and tags in the mail (to receive your license & tags instantly, visit a license issuing agent location)
What you need ready:
- One proof of residency (for resident fee)
- Hunter education certificate (for hunting license)
- Bowhunter education certificate (for bowhunting privilege)
- A credit card or debit card
$22 (ages 16-69)
$100 (ages 16+)