With the purchase of a lifetime recreation or sporting license, your NYS Driver License can become an all-purpose boating, fishing, hunting and parks ID card. The convenient Adventure License simplifies your life and helps you to embark on your New York State outdoor adventure.
See a complete list of DEC's lifetime sporting licenses and associated fees to suit your outdoor adventure preferences of hunting, fishing or trapping.
Anyone is eligible for a NYS Adventure License who has a:
- DEC-issued lifetime sporting license
- NYS Parks- issued boater safety certificate
- NYS Parks-issued lifetime Empire State Passport
Available Privileges and Associated Icons
|Lifetime (Includes both hunting & fishing)
|Lifetime Fishing (Freshwater)
|Boating Safety Certificate
|Lifetime Empire Passport (Parks)
When you purchase your lifetime sporting license or complete your boating safety certification training, you can choose to have these “Adventure” icons added to your NY State Driver license and non-driver ID.
- You may choose to get your new DMV ID immediately, for a fee of $12.50 for a Driver License and $5.00 for a non-driver ID, or wait for your next license renewal at no charge.
- If you purchase a Lifetime Empire Passport, you will automatically receive a new license at no cost.
- New lifetime sporting license purchasers: opt to have “Adventure” icons added to your NY State Driver license or non-driver ID.
- Existing lifetime license holders: login to the Online Sporting License Sales System, and request a new driver license or non-driver ID with your lifetime sporting credential