Parolee lookup is intended to provide the public with information on the status of certain individuals currently and formerly under community supervision.
Who is listed?
- Current parolees
- Certain former parolees under supervision since the early 1970’s
Who is not listed?
- Youthful offenders and those who have had their convictions set aside by the court.
- Individuals under supervision as a result of a court order placing them on Strict and Intensive Supervision and Treatment.
*Correction Law 752 and Executive Law 296(15) prohibit discrimination in hiring or for the issuance of any license by reason of prior criminal conviction unless there is a direct relationship between the previous criminal offense (s) and the specific license or employment sought; or the issuance of the license or the granting of the employment would involve an unreasonable risk to the property or to the safety or welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
Learn more about the specific rules of Community Supervision in New York State.
Office of Victim Assistance
Learn more about how you can register as a victim
A helpful guide for family members to understand more about the New York State correctional system.
Miscellaneous documents including facility directives, news and media information, department records, research studies, and publications.
Refer to this step by step process to lookup a parolee:
- Gather accepted identifying information (See list below)
- Open the form
- Complete the form
- Refer to glossary section for more information
Ready? Have with you:
- Department Identification Number (DIN)
- New York State Identification Number (NYSID)
- Last name, first name
- Birth year (only to be used with last and first names)