The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is a New York State Agency which provides licenses and regulates high-quality mental healthcare for thousands of New Yorkers each year. OMH employs a workforce of approximately 15,000 individuals in a wide variety of titles at 22 different psychiatric centers across New York State, world-class research institutes, central administrative office and a number of field offices.
High-demand jobs with the Office of Mental Health include:
Most positions at OMH require you to take a state civil service exam. Some high-demand positions are not filled by traditional, written civil service exam, but by completing a simple job application. Exams are posted regularly and include:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Subject and Date of Exam
- Exam Fee
- Application Information
Civil Service Exams are either written or involve evaluations of the applicant’s training and experience.
Information about New York State Civil Service for Job Seekers: https://www.cs.ny.gov/jobseeker
A list of OMH facilities and their respective contact information: https://www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/aboutomh/omh_facility.html
- OMH Employee Benefits: https://www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/employment/employeebenefits.html
Refer to this step-by-step process to apply for employment with OMH:
Please be aware that it may take several months for this process to be completed.
- Search Job Openings ; and/or
- Find a Civil Service Exam
- Ensure you meet minimum qualifications for appointment.
Minimum qualifications may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Civil Service Exam Results
- Professional License or Certification
- Eligibility for unconditional participation in Medicaid and Medicare programs
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to pass physical and/or medical examination
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Apply, if eligible
- Wait to be contacted by OMH Human Resources
Ready to Search for Employment?
Please have the following information readily available:
- Contact Information
- Resume, including license/certification information, if necessary
- Citizenship and/or immigration documentation
Call us Monday-Friday 9:00AM-4:00PM
Contact us by phone:
Contact us by mail:
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, New York 12229