What is Inmate Lookup?
Inmate lookup is intended to provide interested constituents with information on the status and location of inmates incarcerated in all 54 NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision Correctional Facilities. Information is taken directly from the Department’s main inmate information database at the moment a request is made.
Who is listed?
- Current inmates
- Certain former inmates incarcerated since the early 1970’s
Who is not listed?
- Youthful offenders and those who have had their convictions set aside by the court.
Visiting_4403.pdf More information on visiting guidelines, rules and regulations.
Telephone_4423.pdf Learn more about how to send and receive phone calls from inmates.
Sending Mail_4422.pdf Learn more about how to write letters to inmates.
Packages_4911.pdf Learn more about what you can and cannot send to inmates.
FamilyGuide.pdf A helpful guide for family members to understand more about the New York State correctional system.
Refer to this step by step process to complete an inmate search online.
- Gather accepted identifying information (See below)
- Open the form
- Complete the form
- Refer to Results section for more information
- Print it or write information down
Ready? Have with you:
To find an inmate, have one or more of the following identifying information:
- Department Identification Number (DIN)
- New York State Identification Number (NYSID)
- Last Name, First Name
- Birth Year (only to be used with Last and First Names)
You can access the lookup tool at specific times:
12:00am to 11:45pm, Monday to Friday
12:30am to 11:30pm, Weekends
For more assistance, contact us by phone
8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
(518) 457-5000 for NYS and out of state residents
Standard phone rates and fees apply.
Call us Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
Or contact us via the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision website: https://publicapps.doccs.ny.gov/DOCCSWebContactForm.aspx
New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision 1220 Washington Ave, Building 2 Albany, New York 12226-2050