Explore the outdoors and spend the night at one of the many beautiful New York State Parks. New York State offers:
- 14,000 plus campsites for tents and RVs
- Over 900 cabin, multi-room cottages and other vacation rentals
- Boat-access only waterfront sites
Learn more about the amenities and accommodations offered at each of our camping spots. Some parks offer group campsites or cabins for parties of 20-100. They are often set in a remote area within the park, but are usually discounted compared to a standard site.
- Tents, trailers and RVs can easily be accommodated.
- Most sites have a picnic table, fire pit or ring and nearby restrooms and many include amenities such as electric, water and sewer hook-up, and platforms.
- Back country or primitive camping is permitted on lands managed by DEC including Forest Preserve lands in the Adirondack and Catskill Parks as well as State Forests. Read more.
Some campsites offer the following amenities:
- Full hook-up
- ADA Accessible
- Cabin occupancy can range, sleeping between 2 and 8 people
- Basic cabins offer at least one room, table, chairs, sleeping bed/cot, stove and refrigerator
- Prime cabins can offer electricity, full bath, common area, small kitchen and separate bedrooms
- Cottage occupancy can range, sleeping between 2 and 10 people
- Cottages typically offer full bath, kitchen, living room and bedrooms
Who can reserve a campsite?
- An adult at least 18 years of age (21 at some parks) must be the permit holder and occupy the site for the full permit period.
- New York State campgrounds are available to anyone, but out of state patrons have an additional fee.
Do I have to make a reservation?
Yes, reservations are required. Reservations can be made online or through the Reserve America Call Center (1-800-456-2267). Reservations can be made up until 3PM on day of arrival at New York State Park Campgrounds, and up until 5PM on day of arrival at DEC Campgrounds.
How far in advanced do I need to make a reservation?
Reservations can be made up to 9 months in advance.
What are the available amenities?
Most sites have a picnic table, fire pit or ring and nearby restrooms and some include amenities such as electric, water and sewer hook-up, and platforms. For specific details contact the park directly.
Can I bring pets?
Most campgrounds allow pets, however it is best to check the specific park details prior to booking your reservation. If your campground allows pets please be respectful. At New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Preservation facilities only 2 pets per site are permitted. Rabies certificate is required.
What can I bring? (food, supplies, fire wood, etc)
Each site allows for either two (2) tents OR one (1) unit of hard wheeled camping equipment + one (1) tent (unless otherwise noted).
Firewood – By transporting firewood, you could be spreading diseases and invasive insects that can quickly kill large numbers of trees. Help Stop the Spread and obey the Firewood Regulation. If you bring firewood, burn all of it before leaving your campsite or purchase your wood at the campground or local sources. A regulation is in effect that prohibits the import of firewood into New York unless it has been heat treated to kill pests. The regulation also limits the transportation of untreated firewood to less than 50 miles from its source. Quarantines exist which further restrict firewood transportation. Read more here.
Alcoholic Beverages - While alcoholic beverages are allowed in most NYS campgrounds without a permit, it is the responsibility of each camping party to comply with all laws and regulations. Stony Brook State Park and Beaver Pond Campground restrict the use of alcohol
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
To cancel a reservation prior to arrival you can cancel online or contact Reserve America at 1-800-456-2267. If you are canceling on the day of arrival, you must contact the campground directly.
Canceling 8 days or more prior to arrival - $7.25 Reservation Fee + $7.25 Cancellation Fee
Canceling 7 days or less prior to arrival - $7.25 Reservation Fee + $7.25 Cancellation Fee + the cost of the first night' s stay (this amount varies based on the cost of your site).
All fees are retained if you fail to arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.
New York State Park Campgrounds “Things to Know” Read more.
DEC Campgrounds “Things to Know” Read more.
All camping reservation and use fees must be paid in advance.
Camping fees vary depending on location, dates and amenities.
Campsite fees range from $15 - $35 per night.
Cabins, Cottages, Yurts range from $154 - $1,920 per week.
Additional Fee for Out-of-State patrons:
Campsites: $5 per night.
Cabins, Cottages, Yurts: $28 per week or $7 per night.
How do I search?
Search by city, zip code, or facility name. If you don’t have a specific location in mind Reserve America will provide recommendations based on your preferences.
Refer to this step by step process to reserve a New York State campsite.
- Log in or create an account
- Search for your desired facility or dates
- View results
- Choose the State Park
- Choose your site/dates
- Select "Book these Dates"
- Enter personal information
- Enter payment information and complete purchase
- Reservation is now complete and you will receive a confirmation letter via email within a few minutes
- 7-days prior to your stay you will receive a reminder and pre-registration email in which you can confirm or edit the # and names of occupants, pets and equipment you are bringing.
Ready? Have with you
- Park name and site preference
- Arrival and departure dates
- Name of primary occupant
- Number of occupants and vehicles
- Equipment type and length
- Credit card information
Call us to reserve a campsite at 1-800-456-2267
Monday-Friday 8:00AM-8:00PM and Saturday-Sunday 9:00AM-3:00PM (Peak Season Hours)