The need for organ, eye and tissue donors is great. There are almost 8,500 New Yorkers that need a life-saving organ transplant.
You have the power to Donate Life. All New Yorkers 16 years old and up can register to save lives by signing up as an organ, eye and tissue donor. By joining the New York State Donate Life Registry, you record your consent to be a donor.
When you join the Registry, you are able to donate organs, eyes and tissues:
- Organs include: heart, kidneys, pancreas, lungs, liver and intestines.
- Tissues include: eyes/corneas, skin, bone, ligament, blood vessels, nerve, cartilage and connective tissues.
Anyone 16 or older can join the New York State Donate Life Registry.
- You will receive confirmation of your enrollment. The confirmation will also tell you how to update and/or edit your personal info, limit your donation and how to be removed from the Registry.
- You will also be reminded to speak with your family about your decision to donate.
- No one is too old to enroll in the New York State Donate Life Registry.
Donors are able to specify their donations:
- You can specify what organs and/or tissues you want to donate and for what purpose. For example, you can donate for both transplant and research or just one of these purposes. The decision is yours.
- You cannot restrict your donation on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity or other specific factors.
To modify your gift or withdraw from the registry:
Ways To Enroll
Ways To Enroll
Complete the online enrollment form or download a printable form and mail or email it back.
- When applying for or renewing a learner permit, driver license or non-driver ID at a NYSDMV office or online through your MyDMV account.
- Through the New York State of Health Official Health Plan Marketplace when applying for health insurance.
- When registering to vote - complete and sign page 3 of the voter registration form.
- When completing a paper enrollment form that can be found at donatelife.ny.gov or one of many Registry enrollment events held statewide.
Ready to get started? To complete your enrollment you'll need to know:
- Your mailing address
- Your E-mail address
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number or your NYS DMV ID#.
Contact us by phone:
Contact us by email:[email protected]
Contact us by mail:
185 Jordan Road
Troy, NY 12180