The Department of State offers licenses for over 32 professional occupations from real estate brokers to appearance enhancement professionals.
Which professions require licensing?
The following are just some of the professional licenses offered through the Department of State:
- Security Guard
- Real Estate Brokers
- Home Inspector
- Notary Public
What is Required to Obtain My Professional license?
- Complete an approved course of study
- Take a written and /or practical examination
- Health Certification by a physician or nurse practitioner
- Must be a NYS Resident
- Must be at least 17 years old
Ready to Apply? Have with you:
- NYS Driver’s License or valid source of identification
- School Certificate;
- A school transcript listing subjects and hours completed
- A valid e-mail address