Reimagining AmeriCorps Conservation for young adults in New York State
The Excelsior Conservation Corps AmeriCorps (ECC) will build upon the legacy of President Franklin Roosevelt’s Civilian Conservation Corps, providing 50 young men and women the opportunity to serve together as they restore, protect and enhance New York's natural resources and recreational opportunities that are the backbone of the state's outdoor experience.
The ECC will create the next generation of conservation leaders in New York State by empowering young people of all backgrounds through education, hands-on experience and training.
If you are interested in turning your passion for the environment into a career or exploring higher education opportunities in conservation, then the ECC is the right program for you.
Conservation Begins Here
Why Apply to the ECC?
What We Do. How We Do It.
1. Address the most pressing environmental needs of NYS.
2. Strengthen recreational resources such as parks, campgrounds and preserves for public enjoyment.
3. Harness the spirit of community service among young New Yorkers.
4. Provide avenues to employment training and college scholarships to participants who traditionally have not had access to similar opportunities.
5. Build the next generation of conservation leaders and inspire lifelong stewardship of the environment and communities access to open spaces.
The New York State Excelsior Conservation Corps
Supported in part by the Environmental Protection Fund