Top 5 Things to Ask When Entering Nail Salons
- Are workers paid at least the minimum wage and overtime?
- Is appropriate protective equipment (respirator mask, gloves, eye protection) provided to workers and used?
- Is there adequate ventilation (no strong chemical odors)?
- Is the salon business license posted in plain view?
- Is the Nail Salon Workers' Bill of Rights posted in plain view?
Feel free to ask the owner any of these questions. If you have any concerns, please call the Nail Salon Industry Task Force Hotline: (888) 469-7365 or fill out this form on the Department of Labor's website.