The Department of Civil Service has announced the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) Exam. This is a professional entry level exam that will be used to fill more than 150 Civil Service jobs for those looking to break into the competitive career track in state service. Qualified candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will have a bachelor’s degree by June 30, 2023 can apply.
The deadline to apply for the PCO is November 30, 2022. Once you apply, the deadline to submit the exam, which is administered online, is December 15, 2022. The examination announcement provides information on how and where to apply.
- An application will not be accepted after the application filing deadline has passed.
- Exams must be submitted by 11:59pm on December 15, 2022.
- Testing accommodations may be made for the following reasons:
- Due to a religious observance or practice
- Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities
- Other accommodations - due to pregnancy, for nursing mothers, or for other circumstances that may impact your ability to be tested without accommodation
If you need computer access, you can find that information if you scroll further down on the PCO website.