Office of General Services
OGS provides services to state and local governments, state employees, visitors, and the general public. Our key objectives include:
- Streamlining Government Operations - To support Executive Branch agencies through the development and management of enterprise service programs such as finance, human resources, vehicle fleet, and real estate that are increasing government efficiency by allowing agencies to focus on their core missions.
- Modernizing Procurement - To provide efficient, user-friendly purchasing methods for goods and services that will maximize the states buying power and save taxpayer dollars.
- Fostering Statewide Economic Opportunity - To deliver comprehensive outreach programs that encourage a diversity of participants in the states procurement system, and other business and cultural opportunities.
- Optimizing Space Management and Facility Maintenance - To ensure the most efficient and functional use of OGS owned and leased space for state employees, customers, and equipment, and to maintain the highest level of quality and accessibility possible at these properties.
- Enhancing the Visitor Experience - To deliver an exceptional experience for visitors to the New York State Capitol and Empire State Plaza by providing top-notch special events, historical tours, and cultural activities.
- Architectural, engineering and construction management services for projects statewide;
- Building management, energy saving operations, and maintenance services to 49 major office complexes and buildings statewide;
- Managing leases of privately held real estate used for state purposes;
- Facilitating and administering approximately 1,500 centralized procurement contracts for goods, services, and technology needed by state agencies, municipal governments, and educational institutions;
- Administering a variety of support and distribution services including the states alternative fueled vehicles program, interagency mail and freight services, printing and copying services, disposal of surplus state equipment, and distribution of USDA surplus food supplies;
- Shared administrative services (e.g., human resources and financial management) for 62 state agencies; and
- Visitors' assistance, tours and maintenance of architectural, historical and art treasures at the Empire State Plaza, the Executive Mansion and the State Capitol.
Who We Serve
Who We Serve
State and local governments, state employees, visitors, and the general public.