The State Liquor Authority has two (2) main functions: 1) issuing licenses and permits; and 2) ensuring compliance with the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law. The Authority's licensing activities focus on the timely processing of permits and licenses. The Authority's enforcement activities focus on the protection of the public by working with local law enforcement agencies and local communities to bring administrative actions against licensees who violate the law.
- Reviewing applications and investigating applicants to determine eligibility;
- Issuing licenses and permits for the manufacture, wholesale distribution and retail sale of all alcoholic beverages;
- Regulating trade and credit practices related to the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages at wholesale and retail;
- Limiting, in the Authority's discretion, the number and type of licenses issued as determined by the public interest;
- Working with local law enforcement agencies to ensure compliance with the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law;
- Investigating licensees for alleged violations of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law; and
- Bringing disciplinary charges, conducting disciplinary proceedings, revoking, canceling or suspending for cause any license or permit, and/or imposing monetary penalties where appropriate.
Who We Serve
Who We Serve
The SLA works cooperatively with licensees, applicants, local law enforcement agencies, community groups, and our other partners across the state to ensure the industry is regulated in a fair and consistent manner.