New York State Homes and Community Renewal builds, preserves and protects affordable housing and increases home ownership while spurring related economic development activity to create business opportunity and strengthen communities across the state.
- Programs that fund the creation or preservation of affordable housing.
- Programs that support homeownership.
- Programs that maintain and enhance the state's portfolio of existing affordable housing.
- Administering New York State rent stabilization and rent control laws.
- Administering economic development programs that revitalize and beautify downtowns, prevent or eliminate blight, create or support job opportunities, and address local public infrastructure issues.
For information on rent stabilized or rent controlled apartments, including requests for rent histories, please call or email the Office of Rent Administration: 1-833-499-0343 or https://hcr.ny.gov/
For reporting suspected tenant harassment, please call or email the Tenant Protection Unit: 718-739-6400 or [email protected]
For information on the State of New York Mortgage Agency, please call the SONYMA hotline: 1-800-382-4663
For media inquiries only, email: [email protected]