The mission of Empire State Development is to promote a vigorous and growing state economy, encourage business investment and job creation, and support diverse, prosperous local economies across New York State through the efficient use of loans, grants, tax credits, real estate development, marketing and other forms of assistance.
- Provide grants, loans and tax credits to bring new businesses to the state and to support the growth of existing NYS firms.
- Develop state real estate assets and use special regulatory powers and public/private partnerships to advance major economic development projects.
- Provide technical assistance and access to capital to help small businesses meet their goals.
- Lead and manage the state’s Minority and Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) program.
- Manage marketing initiatives to attract investment in NYS, including tourism development and special events.
- Support film, television, new media and post production.
- Attract foreign investment and provide export assistance to NYS firms.
- Support innovation, technology development, tech transfer and infrastructure.
Who We Serve
Who We Serve
- Existing New York State businesses and companies, including small businesses, MWBEs, start-ups
- Business owners looking to move to or invest in New York State
- International business owners and investors, as well as NYS businesses looking to export their products
- Local governments, Economic Development Organizations and community leaders
- Higher educational institutes
- Film and television production industry
- Tourists and potential visitors to NYS