The primary mission of the New York State Department of Public Service is to ensure affordable, safe, secure, and reliable access to electric, gas, steam, telecommunications, and water services for New York States residential and business consumers, while protecting the natural environment.
The Department also seeks to stimulate effective competitive markets that benefit New York consumers through strategic investments, as well as product and service innovations.
- Ensure safe and reliable utility service
- Set just and reasonable utility rates
- Assists utility customers with service or billing problems
- Educates consumers about their utility rights and protections
- Monitor utility service performance
The Public Service Commission serves residential and nonresidential utility customers in New York State.
Was this article helpful to you?
We need your feedback so NY.gov can do better!