DMV issues secure identity documents, deliver essential motor vehicle and driver related services, and administers motor vehicle laws enacted to promote safety and protect consumers.
Our Vision: To be a national leader in providing efficient, innovative and responsive government services.
Agency Goals: Provide Quality Customer Service, Improve Employee Satisfaction and PerformanceIncrease Collaboration with Other Agencies, Enhance the Integrity and Effectiveness of Systems, Processes, and Products Promote Traffic Safety, Expand the Use of Alternative Service Delivery Methods, Provide Consumer Protection.
- Issuing driver permits and licenses
- Issuing non-driver IDs
- Issuing commercial driver licenses
- Issuing vehicle registrations and titles
- Issuing custom plates
- Maintaining driving records
- Administering Vehicle and Traffic Law
Who We Serve
Who We Serve
Anyone who operates a motor vehicle in NYS or needs an identification document.
- From area codes 212, 347, 646, 718, 917 and 929: 1-212-645-5550 or 1-718-966-6155
- From area codes 516, 631, 845 and 914: 1-718-477-4820
- From area codes 315, 518, 585, 607 and 716: 1-518-486-9786
- Outside NYS: 1-518-473-5595
- Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 1-800-368-1186